Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope you all had a great 2012 and that you'll have a great 2013.  For myself, I feel that I had a pretty good year.  I opened up this blog and it's sister Facebook page, had several photographs published in local papers and I had my photography exhibition in October.   It was a great year that I hope I'll be able to repeat again, and again and again.  So, I know what you're all asking yourselves.  How does a photographer celebrate on New Year's Eve? At a large party?  Dressed to the nines in some fancy ballroom?  With a glass of champagne in hand?  Not quite.  My New Year's Eve was spent standing in snow up to my shins, being battered by strong winds and wet snow.  While thousands of people were celebrating in Old Montreal, I was standing across the river on Île Sainte-Hélène taking pictures of the fireworks at the stroke of midnight.  This shot was taken at f/13, 5sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  It was also taken with me standing as physically close as possible to my camera in an attempt to block out the stronger than anticipated winds in an attempt to prevent the camera from moving to much and causing the photograph to be blurred.  That shin deep snow helped somewhat for that as well.  2013 was rung in with the sound of the closing shutter as I hope to continue the great momentum of 2012 into the future.  I hope that you all will continue to follow my work and have a great year as well.

 ***1/2/2013 UPDATE***

Here's another New Year's Eve shot.  This one was taken at f/13, 15sec, ISO 100 at 24mm and then cropped to 12" x 5" in Photoshop. Trying out this little update feature as I've been kind of forgetting shots that I've taken after posting one of them to both the blog and the Eric Mahannah Photography Facebook page.  Whenever I update a blog post, I'll make mention of it on Facebook so that nobody will miss anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment