Tuesday 30 July 2013

A Visit To Belle Mom's Garden

I guess we're about at the time where I should declare that the Day Lily is the official flower of this blog.  I've lost count of the number of times that I've had one up here for you to see.  This one is a bit different from the others.  It doesn't come from my Mom's garden.  I thought it would be a bit prudent to include some flowers from the other side of the family.  This flower belongs to my Lovely Assistant's Mother, better known as Belle Mom.  We went over for supper the night of the fireworks by Croatia as she lives close to that location.  Before supper, I wandered around her yard and found a group of three Lilies that I thought would make a nice picture.  The only problem was that the sun was going down fast.  I actually had to shoot at ISO 1600, which was actually kind of silly on my part.  Not for using the high ISO, but rather because I had my tripod with me for shooting the fireworks later that evening.  I should have pulled it out for the flowers.  In any event, this flower was shot at f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 1600 at 38mm.  I like how the first flower is fully in focus while the two other behind it are less so, the third one even to the point where its almost just an orange blur.  I suppose that I should start looking at different kinds of flowers, but these just always grab my attention and, in my opinion, make really nice picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment