Monday 7 October 2013

Sunset Superman

It was a rather rainy afternoon, but the sky finally managed to clear out a little after 6:30PM.  My eye became interested in the odd orange light that was coming in through the kitchen window and reflecting against the wall.  The sky was rather spectacular.  I made the snap decision to grab my camera and take some pictures.  I'm lucky to find myself with a clear view of the Biosphere, as those of you have been following here are well aware.  You may remember this shot from April, or maybe this shot from January and there's still a shot that I had from my exhibition that for some reason hasn't found it's way onto this site yet.  In order to get this shot, I strayed into strange waters.  I shot in Manual Mode and played around by taking several shots at different settings.  I was mostly shooting to try and get the most colour in the sky as possible. This photo was take at f/5.6, 1/80sec, ISO 800 at 300mm.  Once I got back inside, I noticed that I had a pretty good view of the Radio-Canada building, and the sky over it was very nice as well.  I had a good view of the building from the kitchen window, so I felt I'd stay a little dry after coming in from the rain for the first shot.  I opened the window and took out the screen and began to shoot away.  Again, I shot in Manual Mode in order to make sure that I could get the proper colour of the sky.  The bottom of the photo is kind of dark, but I like how it kind of gets broken up by the single street light.  I also really like how clear that the Radio-Canada logo stands out in the photo.  I didn't really follow the 'Rule of Thirds' with this photo as the building is pretty much in the middle, but the sky is kind of the real star of this photo and I wanted to include as much of it as possible.  The Radio-Canada photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/50sec, ISO 800 at 300mm.  The sun wasn't out for very long, but I think I made the most of it's short appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment