Thursday 27 February 2014

Keeping My Eyes Open

Yes, you've all heard this a million times by now, but I like to follow the creed that just about anything can be photographed and become something interesting.  Here's another example of that.  Back in the summer, My Lovely Assistant and I spent a few days at her father's cottage near Mt. Tremblant.  We liked to eat lunch on the dock and seeing as how the sun is kind of strong at that time of the day, we'd open up the dock umbrella for a little bit of shade.  At one point, I looked up and saw the the different effects the sun was creating with the fabric.  As usual, the camera was right besides me so I pointed it upwards and snapped away.  This photograph was taken at f/5, 1/800sec, ISO 100 at 150mm.  I really liked the different colours that the sun brought out of the umbrella and how the sun also brought out all of the different lines of fabric on the umbrella.  A little bit of sunshine and an umbrella, that's all it took.

No comments:

Post a Comment