Friday 18 April 2014

Freeze Frame

It's nice to get a little bonus every now and then.  Such was the case with these photographs.  I got a phone call from My Little Brother the other week letting me know that there were a whole bunch of geese sitting in the Chambly Basin in the mornings and that I might be interested in taking some photographs of them.  There was only one catch.  They're only there in the morning, resting up and making lots of noise.  Though all of the early morning photographs you see on this site may make you think otherwise, I'm not much of a morning person myself, but sometimes I can't resist a good photo opportunity.  My Lovely Assistant was working at 7:00AM again the other day, so I quickly followed her out the door and made my way out to Chambly to try and shoot some geese.  Photographically speaking.  I filled my memory card with geese, but on the way back to my car, I came upon these leaves that had been caught in a recent spring freeze and ended up getting frozen into the puddles they had fallen in.  The morning sun was hitting the leaves just right, so I reached into my bag of tricks and pulled out my Macro lens.  I got a little muddy taking these photos, but sometimes you've just got to get a little dirty to get a nice shot.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  I really like all of the details in the leaf.  The second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  Again, I really like the detail in the leaf, but also the little water bubbles that are in the ice.  We'll get to those geese photos soon.  At my current pace, it will probably be sometime in 2015.  Keep watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment