Friday 25 April 2014

Still Waiting For The Train

Here's another photograph that I took during my Monday night walk with Vincent and Renée-Claude.  As you can see, I'm still at the Saint-Lambert train station.  For some reason, I've always been drawn to railway tracks.  Some of my earliest shots were of either train stations or train tracks in the middle of nowhere.  I've been to this location several times over the years.  There was the photograph in my last update, as well as a shot I posted last February.  You get double links in this update because I forgot to mention the February shot last time.  Always with the links, need to keep up my traffic.  I used a small aperture and long exposure time once again in order to get the star effects on the lights, and I used the train tracks as leading lines in order to draw you further into the photograph.  I took a couple of different shots in order to make sure that the words 'Saint-Lambert' were visible and not blown out.  I grew up in Saint-Lambert so I kind of enjoy giving it some publicity every now and then.  I also like the small little traces of reflected red light on the tracks near the building.  I took this photograph at f/22, 44sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  The only thing I felt was missing was for a train to pass through so I could get some light trails.  We waited for several minutes hoping a train would pass, but no luck.  A few minutes later after walking a bit down the street, I heard the train I was looking for.  I guess I'm still waiting for that train, although I now have another excuse to go back to the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment