Monday 26 May 2014

Go Habs Go

Over the past few weeks, those of you who are constant visitors to the site may have noticed a couple of hockey theme posts.  First there was Florence making some big saves and a few days back there were some Canadiens and Bruins fans posing for the camera.  At this moment, the Montreal Canadiens are still alive, though in bad shape.  Down three games to one against the New York Rangers, the team could possibly use a little boost.  If there's one thing that Montreal loves, it's to give a boost to the local hockey team.  This year, even the Montrel Biosphere decided to get in on the action.  The Biosphere is usually well lit at night, but this year they decided to light it up using the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge of the Canadiens.  I couldn't pass up such an opportunity to go back to one of my favourite spots.  You might even recognize the first photograph as I took one from the same spot last year.  Sadly, a couple of the street lights weren't working properly so I lost some star effects on a few light poles, but I like the overall effect of the photo.  I took both shots just after the sun had gone down, and I was very lucky to have some cars going over the bridge that connects Île Sainte-Hélène and Île Notre-Dame.  It was supposed to rain that evening so I had brought my umbrella with me.  It turned out to be a very wise decision.  It never did rain on me, but it was very windy.  So windy, that I actually used the umbrella to shield my camera from the wind.  I never would have gotten these shots without the umbrella because the wind was so strong that it would cause the tripod and camera to shake.  I really like the sky in both shots, and I really like the reflections in the water of the second.  There's a third photograph from this series that I really like, but it has a little story of its own, so I think I'll save it for a future update.  The first photograph was taken at f/22, 18sec, ISO 100 at 32mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 25mm.  I decided to do a different crop of the second photograph, because I like to play with my shots a little bit.  I figure putting it here is a good way to end this update.  Good luck to the Canadiens on Tuesday night,


No comments:

Post a Comment