Wednesday 15 October 2014

Brown Eyed Girl

This is one of those photographs that I've always liked, yet it always seemed to get bumped off of the blog by something else.  I always seem to want to save it for some other time, even now as I'm writing these words I'm still thinking to myself if there is something else I'd rather post instead.  I've always found that to be odd, because I really like this photograph.  It's a Brown Eyed Susan, and one of the many flowers that grew in my Mom's backyard.  There were a whole batch of them growing in the backyard and I wanted to take this shot with the focus on one flower and the rest of the flowers blurred and out of focus in the background.  I also really liked the contrast between the dark black of the center of the flower and the yellow that filled most of the rest of the photo.  This photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/2500sec, ISO 100 at 45mm.  There's a couple more photos I took of this group of flowers  that I've been holding onto.  I might be able to convince myself to put those up here some day soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment