Thursday 13 November 2014

The Boys Of Summer Have Gone

A few weeks back, My Lovely Assistant and I went for an autumn walk in the
Îles-de-Boucherville.  As is the usual case, I had my camera with me as I was hoping to catch some of the bright autumn colours.  I looked around at the scene, and I immediately felt a sense of emptiness.  The picnic tables that had probably hosted many meals over the summer were lined up and empty.  The trees were losing what was left of their leaves, and the ones they had lost were littering the ground.  Next thing I knew, the Don Henley song, from which I borrowed the title for this photograph, was playing in my head and I knew this was going to be a good shot.  I hope that I was right.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 1/25sec, ISO 100 at 40mm.  The sky is a little bit blown-out, but since it wasn't very blue to begin with, this didn't really bother me.  I felt it was more important to capture the colours in the trees and on the ground and sacrifice a bit of the sky.  I took a few more shots during that little walk, I'll try and get some of them up here eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment