Tuesday 20 January 2015

Icy Water

I suppose we've all been looking at the video of my photograph being on the news long enough.  How about I fill you all in on how my photograph ended up on television last week.  Everything began last Tuesday morning.  I believe that the outside temperature at the time was -16C, a bit colder with the wind.  Last year I had gone to take some cold weather pictures of the steam coming off of the water down by the Old Port.  Back in the Fall, I had seem some photographs taken by some friend of a friend (who I sadly can't remember or I'd link to them here) of some photographs they had taken near the foot of the Victoria Bridge.  I thought it would be good location so I and My Lovely Assistant got bundled up and hit the road.  Once at the location, I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't much steam at all.  Also, it was a bit past 10:00AM and the sun was high enough in the sky to cast a shadow of the Victoria Bridge over the water where the steam was.  I was kind of disappointed, but we were there so I decided to snap off a few photographs anyway.  The sky was a nice blue and there was a little bit of steam so I wasn't terribly disappointed.  This photograph you see here was taken at f/11, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 43mm.  Later that night, the weather forecast called for a very cold night and an even colder morning the next day.  My decision was quickly made about what I would be doing on Wednesday morning.  Stay tuned for Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment