Saturday 14 February 2015

Little Red Valentine

Those of you who have been visiting this blog over the last few years may be showing up here this morning with the expectations of seeing floral arrangements or an assortment of coloured chocolates.  I don't really blame you because that has been the trend around here, but I decided to shake things up a little bit this year.  As a Valentine's Day treat to all of you out there, here are some photographs of My Lovely Assistant's little niece.  I actually took these photographs almost a year ago, and was given permission from My Lovely Assistant's sister to put them up here on the blog, but I guess I was a little bit shy about posting them.  So, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I'm going to put my heart on my sleeve and finally share these photographs with you.  They should be sure to put a smile on your face, as they certainly do for me, as well as Belle Mom, who I hope has a big smile on her face as she looks at these photographs of her first Granddaughter.  This first photograph was taken at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 38mm.  I took these while I was still going through my 'struggling with flash' phase, a phase that truthfully I am still dealing with. 
f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 34mm

If I could do these again, I'd certainly take the time to make sure that I hadn't cut off my model's fingers.  We were having fun trying to get her attention so she'd look at the camera and that little bit of inattention on my part ended up costing me her fingers.  I'm more than happy to tell you that they grew back properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment