Tuesday 25 August 2015

Musical Family

Two things that I enjoy the most are music and photography.  It doesn't happen very often, but when ever I get the chance to combine the two those are the times when you are likely to find me with a large smile on my face.  Such was the case this past Saturday when My Lovely Assistant and I hit Victoria Avenue for Saint-Lambert En Fête.  There's often a special musical guests over the course of the three day event, and Saturday night saw Sylvain Cossette and Andrée Watters with their All-Star Band.  The concert was broken into several sets as various combinations of artists would hit the stage.  I managed to snap some shots from all of them.  Rather than load this update with all of the photos, I figured it would be best to try and break the photographs down by segment in the hope of not trying to overload both the page, and your eyes.  After all, isn't several little treats bigger than one large one?  I guess we'll soon find out.  This first group of photographs feature the show headliner, Sylvain Cossette on stage with his daughter, Beth Cossette and also Félix-Antoine Couturier.  I believe this was the third act of the show, but it gets first billing here because after breaking down all of the photographs I took by group, this one was the easiest to go through.  We'll get into that a little more at another time.  The first photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 125mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO 3200 at 125mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took.


f/6.3, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 100mm

f/6.3, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 135mm

f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 130mm

I've broken down all of the photographs I took into four groups, plus another group of photographs that I took of the band that played just before the All-Stars hit the stage.  They'll all be up here in due time.


No comments:

Post a Comment