Monday 31 August 2015

The Opening Notes

As I continue to work my way through all of the photographs I took during the concerts at Saint-Lambert en fête we now come back to the beginning.  The name of the concert was Sylvain Cossette and Andrée Watters All-Stars, so it only makes sense that the evening would begin with them up on the stage.  At this point I had switched from my wide-angle lens to my telephoto lens.  The sun had gone down and I was hoping that the Image Stabilizing function might help in the low light.  I'd never used it under such conditions before, so I was taking a bit of a shot in the dark.  But, I still had the wide-angle with me in case I didn't like the results.  After looking at a few of my early shots, I figured I'd stick with the telephoto and my other lens stayed in my bag for the rest of the night.  This is the third set of photographs that I upload from this concert, and as such, I guess you could say that I'm running out of things to say.  So in this case, we really will let the pictures do the talking.  The first photograph was taken at f/5, 1/250sec, ISO 3200 at 100mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 120mm.  Here are several more photographs that I took during the opening few songs.

f/6.3, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 90mm

f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 105mm

f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 175mm

f/6.3, 1/400sec, ISO 3200 at 145mm

f/6.3, 1/200sec, ISO 3200 at 135mm

f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 123mm

One thing I learned while shooting this beginning part of the concert is that I need to better pace myself.  I think that by the end of the first song I had already taken over 100 photographs.  Over the rest I tried better compose my shots, taking less but trying to have better composed shots.  I think I pulled it off, and you can judge for yourselves by going back and looking at the other photographs that I took later in the show, and in the photographs yet to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment