Friday 1 January 2016

New Year's Fireworks 2016

This is now the third time that I try and write about these fireworks you see here.  My first attempt ended up being scrapped as I seemed to only be able to write about how this blog was beginning to feel like a hassle at times.  The second time was scrapped as I seemed to only be able to write about the lack of manners some of my fellow party goers were exhibiting.  All negative thoughts and words.  But for me, photography has always been a positive.  Something I enjoy doing, something that I like.  There's enough negativity out there, so I'm going to try and start off 2016 on a positive note by trying to forget the negative and tell you that I shot these photographs down at the Old Port during the yearly New Year's Eve party.  There were many more people than usual this year which made moving around a little more tricky.  However, My Lovely Assistant and I finally made our way to a good spot and I ended up starting 2016 off with some photographs that I really like.  The first photograph was taken at f/18, 5sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took over the course of the show.

f/18, 24sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/18, 14sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/18, 10sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/18, 7sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/18, 12sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

I generally prefer shooting fireworks horizontally rather than vertically, but my wide-angle lens isn't quite wide enough for the distance that I was from the explosions.  To be perfectly honest though, in this case shooting vertically got everything I needed into my shots.  The fireworks, the building and the people were all there, while shooting horizontally would have resulted in lots of empty space in my photographs.  It was a good way to ring in the New Year, so all that's left is to wish all of out there a healthy and happy 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment