Saturday 23 April 2016

Fresh Strawberries

I'm currently laid up with what would be called a Spring flu, which according to My Lovely Assistant Md, is one hundred times worse because I happen to be a male.  Gender roles aside, one of the last dying requests I always make to myself when I'm laying in bed and the world is swirling around me a 100km/hr is that I need to start eating better. A good way to start would be with some fresh, juicy strawberries.  We're still a few months from being able to eat local berries, like these here, but a nice serving a fresh fruit is always good, even in blog form.  These were purchased and served a little time as models before being consumed.  I used a macro lens and it really brought out the seeds in that one huge strawberry that I focused on.  I also used a large aperture to blur out the rest of the photograph, but left a little bit of green in the back of the shot to sit against all of the tasty red goodness.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 60mm, and if possible, they were even tastier than they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment