Saturday 12 November 2016

Look Ma, I'm On TV...Again


There was a super sunset the other day, the entire sky turning bright red.  I grabbed my camera and headed out the door to a spot that I knew would give me a good view of the skyscrapers of downtown Montreal.  After loading my shots onto my computer, I felt that one might be nice enough to get my name on the television once again.  I sent it off to CTV News and voila, I'm now three-for-three in getting my photographs on the nightly newscast.  Though it was still light out, it was also dark enough for the building lights to be turned on.  I had tried taking a similar photograph a few days before, but the buildings were dark.  It left me feeling like a large black spot was in the photograph, rather than a silhouette, so I was happy to see the little squares of light.  Another little touch that I'm not sure you can see at this low resolution, is that a flock of geese are flying through the scene, at the very top of the photograph in the clouds.  I didn't actually know they were there while I was taking the photograph, they were a happy surprise that I found later.  The photograph was taken at f/4.5, 1/125sec, ISO 640 at 182mm. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for one more sunset like this as I'd like to take a similar photograph, but of the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  We'll see if Mother Nature approves.


No comments:

Post a Comment