Thursday 12 January 2017

Fireworks Over Montreal













I think it has already been well established that I am a big fan of fireworks.  Seems like I've been caught between two extremes this past several months.  It was high 30's and humidity back in July and this past weekend it was close to minus 30 with the wind.  Still, the bright lights and loud explosions were calling to me.  This was the final fireworks display for the winter activities down at the Old Port of Montreal.  Every Saturday from the beginning of December there had been a fireworks display that people could watch while skating on the large outdoor rink that is on the site.  I went back to the same spot that I visited for the New Year's Eve fireworks because I thought that without the fog and clouds, it might be a nice location.  I always like to have something in the background of my fireworks photographs, and this spot provided me a nice view of the building of Montreal behind and on either side of the explosions.  Depending on the size of the explosions, it allowed to me chose whether I wanted to crop my photographs in a more traditional 8" x 12" or something wider, like 24" x 8".   These are the photographs that I was planning on posting on Monday before my little Photoshop accident.  Luckily, I had saved all of the cropping and touch-ups before closing the program so not much was lost.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  The second photograph was also taken at f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 68mm and the third photograph was taken at  f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  Here are a couple more photographs that I took during the show.


f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

As far as I know, that's about it for fireworks between now and July.  At that time I'll probably be trading in my winter jacket for shorts and a t-shirt, but I'll probably still be out there somewhere with my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment