Sunday 17 November 2013

Jelly Jelly Beans

It was rather grey outside today, and they're saying that it will remain so for the next couple of days as well.  What better time to inject a little colour into your lives, and what better source for getting that colour than some tasty jelly beans!  A few weeks back I found myself at this wonderful store called Bulk Barn with My Lovely Assistant and her Grandmother.  They were on a mission to find ingredients for a dessert she wanted to make, but I had a different mission in mind.  To get myself some tasty treats!  Then, as happens from time to time, a thought flashed through my head.  Back in April, I put up a photograph of a plate of Smarties and I immediately thought it would be cool if I did the same thing with the jelly beans.  I waited for a nice sunny day, which took a little longer than I thought it would, and put the plate next to my patio door and snapped away.   This photograph was shot at f/9, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 51mm.  Don't they look so very tasty?  I'd invite you all over to have some, but there was a tragic accident just after the shoot and the jelly beans spontaneously combusted.  It seems that the molecular structure of the jelly bean is such that a prolonged exposure to sunlight causes them to suddenly burst.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment