Sunday 12 October 2014

Are You Ready For Some Football

Back on the first of the month, I put up some photographs taken at a football game featuring a play that led to a touchdown.  Sadly, the team that scored was not actually the team that I was there to see.  I was there to watch the Champlain Cavaliers as my buddy Mike plays for them, but I seemed to have caught them on an off day.  The team from Outaouais was a little bit better that day.  Much like the touchdown photos, most of these were taken in Burst Mode so the technical aspects may not change very much from photo to photo.  For me, I found it most important to shoot with an aperture small enough to guarantee that most of the action would remain in focus, but with a fast enough shutter speed in order to not blur the action.  To achieve that, I bumped up the ISO a little bit even if it was quite sunny that day, to make sure that I'd still get enough shutter speed to compensate for the smaller aperture.  I managed to catch a couple of plays, and even got to photograph another touchdown, though my buddy Mike won't be very happy because it was once again scored by the other team.   Anyway, my buddy asked if I had any other photographs from the game and I'm always ready to share, so here comes a few more photos taken that day.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/1600sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Yes, I know that's exactly the opposite of what I just explained, but that photo was taken early after my arrival and before I adjusted my settings,  The second photograph was taken at f/10, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 165mm.  Here are some more shots I took.
Interception!
f/10, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 200mm

Photos you see in the paper aren't 4x6, so neither is this one.
f/14, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 200mm
 
 QB Sack
f/14, 1/200sec, ISO 400 ay 115mm
 
 #5 makes the tackle
f/14, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 200mm

QB Sneak for a Touchdown
f/11, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 102mm

There you go Mike, a few more action shots for you.  The team has a few more home games before the season comes to an end, so hopefully I'll have the chance to get out there one more time to try and capture some more of the action.



No comments:

Post a Comment